All the websites hosted by us can be browsed by anyone without login. But we need to control the permission to modify website content with Admin Panel to prevent abuse.
We control the permission with accounts and roles. The permission of each account comes from it’s roles. Each roles have different permission.
There are 5 roles :
- Administrator (slug: ‘administrator’) – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor (slug: ‘editor’) – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author (slug: ‘author’) – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor (slug: ‘contributor’) – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber (slug: ‘subscriber’) – somebody who can only manage their profile.
Accounts can be used across all the websites hosted by us, but the roles of each website is granted separately. So an account can be administrator of A website, be author of B website, and have no role at C website.
We suggest to let one main administrator to be the “Administrator”, and let all the other people who write posts be “Author”.
Please grant permission to users with cautious. Granting permission arbitrary usually brings conflict and crisis!